Top 10 Most Listen To

I am back! HAHAHA. Well, actually I've made my comeback last week. Comeback kali ni adalah untuk this legendary section called "Top 10 Most Listen To". Untuk korang newbies a.k.a newbs a.k.a noobs, this is the section where I list down the 10 songs that I listen to the most through out the past week. So, enjoy!

10. T-ara - Lead The Way



Seriously, I feel really bad for these girls. After that bullying HUGE SCANDAL, the group never seemed to recover. What was once seemed like the biggest contender for Girls Generation, now have turned into some mi-tier girl group. Poor, T-ara. They never failed to put out good songs. Like this one. But, it is what it is. Still enjoy the song, though.


9. Lily Allen - Sheezus


When I first hear this song, I was like "Oh no, she didn't!" The British singer threw in some pop vixens names in the chorus including Rhoanda, Basic Perry, Borde, and Lady Swine. Craving for attention? Don't care. The song is crunk-ish as fuck. Trust me, if you listen to it, you will fall in love with how smooth the beat is and how cute Lily Allen perky vocal sounds.

And I truly believe that the Queen B that she mentioned is Godney The Holy Spearit, not Beyonce the Thief.


8. Caitlin Rose - Own Side


I first fell in love with the song after the video of that cute little girl singing this song went viral. I searched for the original one and I got addicted to this song on the spot. Caitlin's vocal suits this song so very well. A slow tempo country-ballad that tells us the most honest description of what comes after all of the screaming and crying and the constant rejection of your plea for another chance. She sings:

"Who's gonna take me home? Coz I don't wanna go it alone..."

Now, isn't that is just shocking, but unbelievably honest?


7. Joanna Pacitti - Out From Under


Britney Spears covered this song on her 'Circus' album and I loved it to death. There is something absolutely magical and beautiful about Godney's crisp vocal in delivering ballad. Any hoo, back to this song. I always love a beautiful ballad, and this version of the song is non-exception. This is supposed to be a soundtrack for a tacky movie called "Bratz". Never heard of it? Trust me, me neither. As well as 99.75% of the Eearth's population.


6. Our Last Night - Wrecking Ball


This is a post-hardcore band originated from the US of A. They did so many amazing covers of popular songs, but this want gets my attention right away. Their deliverance is completely different than the original one (the way how covers SHOULD be). And that moment when Matt sings the 1st chorus with his lower voice... OVARY EXPLODED.


5. 2NE1 - Come Back Home


I don't understand the hate that this song has been getting from some of the pop bloggers out there. I mean, this song is generic-2NE1 (in a good way), catchy, melodic, and easy to listen to as well. What else do you need from a manufactured pop band from K-Pop scene? If you wanna listen to some deep shit, stop listening to K-Pop. All in all, I give this song a 10 out of 5. U MAD?


4. Sia - Chandelier


Just when Work Bitch by Godney seemed to die down, Sia come out with this song and once again restore my faith in pop music scene. Although it might sound like all the other top 40 hits out there with hipster-hop beats, soaring chorus, repetitive and catchy lines, but Sia's vocal is always on point. If her vocal don't get you (meaning that you are deaf) then the lyrics will hit you right in the heart where it will make you cry. 

And I’m holding on for dear life, won’t look down won’t open my eyes / Keep my glass full until morning light, ’cause I’m just holding on for tonight / Help me, I’m holding on for dear life, won’t look down won’t open my eyes.”

Anyone that's partied the pain away (like I used to be) will going to connect with this song in a SHIT JUST GOT REAL kinda way.


3. Shakira - Broken Record


I have never heard Shakira sings this kinda song, and the result is amazing. It is more stripped down and have this acoustic feel around it and this song is soooo believable, reaffirming someone she loves of her affection, having said it "700 times". Don't be judging, bitch. We all do the same. Texting your bae "I love you", "I miss you", "Don't leave me", and all those kinda shits literally every 2 seconds. That is why this song sounds so sincere and genuine - because we all can relate to it.


2. John Legend - All of Me


There comes a time when a song can be so simple - a piano-driven ballad, with honest-to-God simple lyrics, and it touched your heart in so many ways. This is one of those songs. Trust me. This song was inspired by his wife, that woman on the video. I guess he just poured his heart out along those beautiful melodies. And that beautiful voice of his really add up to the fact that this is one of the most cliche and generic song out there, but somehow, it is also one of the best ballads ever produced. Fact.


1. Fynn Jamal - Arjuna Beta




I love Fynn Jamal. I adore her styles of writing and her voice is truly one of a kind. This song is created during the early stage of her pregnancy, just the way Godney wrote one of the best ballads of all time - "Someday (I Will Understand). It is almost a symbolic towards what she wants to say to her son when he grows up. Everything that you can expect from a mothers' advice can be found in this song, but yet, being the poetic and melancholic writer that she is, she managed to write those advice in such a beautiful and poetic ways. Kudos for her.

And by the way, I listen to this song a lot especially when I miss my mom. That's all.




xAkiex








No comments:

Post a Comment